Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tea pots, paper punches and sand!

So much to blog about, so little time! LOL! Really, this is what happens when I don't blog for a few days. I'm oooozing with things I want to share! But, I've been trying to focus on spending time with some of my close friends this week.

There's nothing like a good friend. I've been missing some of my friends lately because, for whatever reasons, our lives have taken us in different directions. Enough is enough. I had to just say.... 'Clear off the kitchen table, move aside scrappin' mess, here comes the tea pot!'

Well, the truth is, during a few of the days that I got together with friends, we were working on paper crafts! But, it was a lot of fun and we had a blast!













I wanted to share some of these photos of one of the first 'tea parties' of the week. I decided to pull out this special set that had been given to Kelsey. She hadn't seen it yet she was ecstatic! Maddie (one of her favorite people in the world - her babysitter) gave it to her now that she had out grown it.

Isn't it adorable? It was fun to watch Kelsey 'imitate' us and how we add a little sugar to our 'spot of tea!' (the girls are having a pretend tea party with it right now, they are bustin' me up!)















It's always fun to craft with friends, so a few of us got together to work on these altered notebook pads (34 of them!) for our upcoming retreat. We got to play with one of my favorite Fiskars border punches to create the white floral border. There are a few other fun things we created that we have up our sleeves but we have to save something to be a surprise!















AND, to top off my wonderful, tea filled and very creative week, we had one of the warmest days I can even EVER remember having here on the coast yesterday! What a difference from last week when Ashley played soccer for the first time in the FREEZING rain!

So, of course we had to go the beach. I tried really hard to leave my camera in the car but since it was a new beach where we hadn't yet ventured, I gave in and brought. Here is my favorite shot. My sweet fam. walking over the bridge to get to the beach!
































Did you know that Waldport means where the Forest meets the Ocean? This series of photos really shows why our city is named that. It's amazing how thick the forest is and then... boom! There's the ocean!

I could have done so much fun stuff with this bridge and the setting. Maybe some time we can go back and I'll bribe my kids with ice cream. LOL! I just wanted this day to be fun for them. They get tired of the poporatzie sometimes!

If you can believe I have some eye candy and a funny story to share still. I MUST share tomorrow. I've already risked typing WAY to much for one post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails