Monday, August 31, 2009

Good Monday Morning!!

I just can't even believe that it is the last day of August. It just makes me so glad that we have cherished every moment of our summer. I've enjoyed having the kids home so much. I'm so thankful to the Lord that I've been able to stay home with them all these years and now I have to brace myself to see my youngest off to Kindergarten in a week. Yikes!

Last week, the kids' creative juices were flowing like crazy. Not sure where this theme came from but they spent days, seriously days, cutting out snowflakes and hanging them all over the ceiling. In their rooms, the hall, and the living room. In that time period, we had a few neighbors drop by for just a moment and I'm sure they were wondering but hey....the kids loved it! They put so much team work into all that they did; teaching each other, helping each other 'decorate the house.' It was their own winter wonderland!! I guess they are ready to move into the next season....me, not so much. Even though fall is fabulous season, I always have a hard time letting go of summer, especially when it doesn't really feel like we had it on the coast yet!

The other amazingly creative project that the kids have been working on is their list of plays. It's so cute to see them working together, memorizing lines and then putting shows on for us to watch. Priceless. Between all the painting, bug catching and everything else they've been doing, it has made me think about homeschooling more than ever. I'm not really considering it. I know that it's not the right timing for our family. I believe the Lord wants me subbing in the school and just being a part of all that is happening there. I feel so blessed to be able to be where my kids are.

This week, I'm trying to get some projects (some that I can't wait to share tomorrow) done. As well, I have what seems like thousands of photos to go through and edit from this summer. I can't wait to get that done! My sweet Mum was able to send me some and I have to share this one I took of our soon to be eight year old.

















Supplies:
Spellbinder Dies – S4-204 Fleur De Lis Pendant Accent, S4-210 Lattice Pendant Accent, S4-218 Lattice Borderabilies, Cardstock – The Paper Company, Bazzill,
Pattern Paper – Webster’s Pages (Postcards from Paris,)Trim – Webster’s Pages, Fabric – Denim and misc. fabric squares, Chipboard – American Crafts (thickers,)
Ink – Clearsnap (Colorbox – Chestnut Roan,)Button – misc.,Liquid Applique


I was so stunned by this photo. I can't get over how much older and how beautiful she looks! I got to scrapping it right away. I used some of Webster's Pages brand new line called 'Postcards from Paris.' LOVE this line.

I wanted to make mention of one other thing. Spellbinders has posted some great techniques using their impressabilities on their blog. They have also posted a contest that is up and running called 'Great Crafter's Tool Hunt.' If you want to vote for the Spellbinder's Impressabilities you can do it on this site here called When Creativity Knocks. If you mention it on the Spellbinders blog that you voted, you'll be entered in a chance at winning a fabulous Spellbinder's prize!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Love this LO!!! It is just perfect!!! Wishing you a great day!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails