Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Simple Blessings

Give thanks

JustRite’s challenge this week was ‘anything goes’ so I used this gorgeous new stamp from the set called Autumn Blessings that I just recently got.  Hard to tell from the photo but I added my new favorite color of glitter to each flower center as well.  It’s called Latte!   Thanks for letting me share. 

Well, it’s not Thanksgiving and it’s definitely not fall but it sure still doesn’t feel like spring either!  My kids wore their gloves to school this week for the first time this year.  I’m so looking forward to some sun but still giving thanks in all things and for the simple blessings in my life.

One of those lil’ blessings is getting to have my six year old at home with me in the afternoons still.  Before too long, she’ll be off to first grade and full day school!  Today was the first time she figured out how to use the record button on our electric piano.  Oh man!  She went to town!  Seriously, I lost her to that thing for at least an hour.  The sweetest, sweetest thing was when she went and did this crazy silly song and then she would play it back and just giggle and giggle at herself.  Love her to bits.  And I’m truly grateful for these last few days (months) together with just the two of us. 

Blessings on your Thursday!

10 comments:

thid coull chick said...

oh that card is lovely, as is everything you do!!

Karen said...

What a truly beautiful card Julie!! Love it!

Hugs,
Karen

Laura C said...

Beautiful card Julie!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so pretty, Julie! Love the floral spray! See you soon! :)

Eva said...

Julie, this is sooooo gorgeous...such a beauty!!

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done! Congrats on your JustRite win this week!! Enjoy the shopping!!

Scrappy Lucy said...

As usual, you blow me away with your gift for color, texture and just plain loveliness..

Rosie said...

I love this card and the colors you chose. One question: I especially love the scalloped cotton lace, who is this made by or where can I get it?

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a beautiful card Julie! and a nice reminder to stop and think about the things I am thankful for this time of year!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Julie! And I can totally relate to enjoying the one on one time with my kindergartener. With going back to work subbing, I don't have as many mornings at home with her as I'd like, so I try to make the most of them. Of course, sometimes, she'll say all she wants to do is watch a movie! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails