Thursday, September 2, 2010

Celebrating Love….

It’s a special day today.  It’s my parents 39th Wedding Anniversary.  This is for them….IMG_1068

I am so proud of them and I love them so very much!  Hope your day is spectacular!!

Okay, the truth is, I also made this card for the Waltzing Mouse challenge that I found out about on Mona’s blog!  I have fallen hard for so many new Waltzing Mouse sets.  I was so excited to visit their site and see how many of them are ‘Nestabilities Friendly!’  Here is the sketch that was posted for the challenge:

Now, I can’t wait to see the new release!  On this card I used a set called Very Vintage Labels No. 3.  I then cut it out with my Spellbinders Labels Three die template.  The pattern paper is Kaisercaft  and the sweet silhouette in the middle of the bow is  Webster’s Pages.

On a more random note…WOWZERS!  Did you see that lil’ 10 year old on America’s Got Talent?  I’ve never, ever, ever seen anything like that before.  Definitely worth checking out.  Jackie Evancho.

On just one more random note…FIVE more days and my first born will be in Middle School!  *blink*  *blink blink*

9 comments:

ellen s. said...

congrats to your parents. that is so amazing!
gorgeous card!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, this is so GORGEOUS! I love all the little special details you've added to this card, such as the cameo, and the curved bottom, and text paper, just lots and lots to look at and admire! Well done :)

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card, Julie!
My kids start school next Tuesday (my grade 3er) & Wednesday (my grade sixer AND my BABY, who'll be going to school full time, in grade 1!)

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so sweet! :)

Valerie said...

What a wonderful card you made. Thanks for all the sweet comments. Enjoy your last weekend of the summer!

Valerie said...

What a wonderful card you made. Thanks for all the sweet comments. Enjoy your last weekend of the summer!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, what a pretty card, gorgeous details!! Huge congrats to your folks too! I'm a sucker for happy love stories!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Julia Aston said...

I love your ribbon and soft colors on this lovely Anniversary card Julie! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a gorgeous card Julie! I am sure your parents will be thrilled to receive such a stunning card! Thanks for playing with the WMSC :) Hope to see you again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails