Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tea, doilies and Banana Bread…Scrumptious!

4 my lovely friend copy

This past Sunday, Arte and I were asked to come to the front of the church for Pastor’s Appreciation.  As one of the council members expressed his words of encouragement over us, I was so humbled at where God has brought us.  Words cannot express how extremely proud of my husband I am.  I know that as he continues to submit, it’s God’s working through him that’s making a difference.  I simply can’t believe it’s been nearly six years and that the Lord has blessed us with such an amazing congregation.  I mean, truly amazing.  I’ve never seen a group of people care so much about the people around them. 

As I was creating this card last night, I thought about who I was going to give it to.  I feel blessed to have so many lovely friends that my mind kept skipping from one to the other.  I just want to say a thank you to all my friends who surround me and love me for who I am.  I am so very blessed and my heart is so very full.

I love, love, love tea cups.  So, when I saw this chipboard teacup by Crate Paper (Restoration) I knew right away that I’d placing it on my dainty new fave doily stamp.  Anyone up for a tea party?

I have another card to share.  This one I stamped the background musical notes with a Pink Paislee House of Three stamp.  The rest of the pattern paper is from the Graphic 45 Romantic collection.  I’m sure you recognize the sentiment stamp to be Mint Motif’s Very Square Sentiments. 

good-friend copy

friend close up

The fabulous cream ribbon here is from LilyBean Paperie Etsy shop and so is the button and tea died trim.   Yum!  The die shape in the back is from Spellbinders Grand Labels Four set and the one in the front is Labels Fifteen.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Yesterday I made banana bread.  I’ve wanting to do that for such a very long time but have not had a second to do it. 

For some reason banana bread gives me that ‘fall’ feeling.  Next will be pumpkin muffins! 

Before I sign off today, I wanted to shout out some super exciting news!  Collage Press has made their big announcement on their blog……you can’t even imagine how thrilled I am that.  I knew there was going to be changes but I didn’t know which company they were going to be teaming up with.  PINK PAISLEE!!  **Swoon**  A match made in heaven.  Seriously two of my favorites ever.  Together.  Like peanut butter and chocolate.  This girl is doing the happy dance!  You can read about on their blog here.

Bundle up and stay warm my friends!  The cold weather is on it’s way!

9 comments:

Elisa K said...

I just adore your cards... The banana Bread looks yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Leigh Penner said...

LOVE the cards, Julie! They're perfect!
I'm so glad you have such a great congregation who appreciates & supports you & your dh! That is definitely worth a lot!

Valerie said...

Love your card with the musical notes background. The DP really fits in nicely with all your embelishments. Its just lovely. Bread is making my hungry.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous and that banana bread looks so yummy. I am going to have to make some now! :)

Jennifer Beason said...

Your cards and banana bread all look yummy!!!:)

Rebecca Keppel said...

absolutely lovely, beautiful cards. and mmm that banana bread looks delicious!

ellen s. said...

okay i neeed that doilie stamp!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Oh, I love those cards!!! And God is amazing in the way he works in our lives!! Hope you have a great week!
Love, Jess

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

These cards are totally awesome! What talent you have. What a cool collaboration for Collage Press and Pink Paislee!!!! Congrats!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails