Monday, December 12, 2011

Yum! Time to celebrate!!


Brrrrr!  It's gettin' cold outside!  I love a crackling fire so I don't mind!  We've been enjoying friends over and look forward to an Open House on Friday (the kids last day of school...fun stuff!)  I've been looking through Pinterest to find some yummy recipe and holiday ideas!  If you're looking for ideas on how to decorate your table for a Holiday party, I have instructions up on the Spellbinder blog on how to make this lil' ensemble!

I wanted to share this fun, festive recipe I found and I think I will try for our party.  I think the kids will love it!  I found it on Pinterest but the recipe and photo came from the blog called Baked Perfection. 



Candy Cane Blossoms
recipe from Hershey's


1 bag Hershey;s Kisses brand Candy Cane Kisses
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons milk
Red and Green colored sugar


Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from candies (approx. 35)


Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternatively with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.


Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake 8 - 1o minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Yields approximately 35 cookies.

(Secretly, I might just want to make these because Candy Cane Kisses are my total FAVE....not that I would be doing any taste testing...at all...while making these!)

Have you seen Betty Crocker's Top 10 Holiday Trends??  Oh my!  They have quite an inspiring site! Check it out!    How fun are these????  It not only makes me want to bake but I'm seriously inspired to create now too!


How about you, do you have any favorite holiday recipes that you think I should try?  I'm making my list and checking it twice!!

**Scrapbook Trends Giveaway Winner**  Melita!!  Send me your addy at julieoverby at peak dot org and I'll get that out to you.

Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Great table decor!! I used that set (napkin ring idea) last night for a Christmas card...love the shapes! Those cookies look YUMMY~! Hmm...coffee break?! LOL!! TFS :)

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Gorgeous table decor. You are making me hungry! I got a recipe for apple butter and carmel sauce off of pintrest and made a ton of it!
Hugs

Unknown said...

Beautiful and elegant! Thanks for sharing that delicious recipe too. Will have to give those a try next week when the girls are on Christmas break.
Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails